What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

The 1900s - Age of Metal (2009)

The 1900s are an indie band from Chicago. This song is from their latest ep, Medium High.

You can listen to the song @ MySpace, or download it at The Culture of Me

post-9-1232861462_thumb.jpg

The Whitest Boy Alive - Island (2009)

The Whitest Boy Alive is a side music project of singer/guitarist Erlend Øye, who is also a member of the band Kings of Convenience. This is their latest single.

You can download the song at Odeo

Bonus: Golden Cage (2007)

"I fought the Law"....Bobby Fuller 4....(1964)...i always get Tommy James mixed up with Bobby Fuller for some reason....

...Just after "I Fought The Law" became a top ten hit, Bobby Fuller was found dead in his automobile, which was parked near his Los Angeles home. The police considered the death an apparent suicide, however, many people believe Fuller was murdered. The investigation was botched from the start. The crime scene was not secured and no fingerprints were obtained. A witness also claimed seeing a police officer throw a can of gasoline found at the scene into the trash. Fuller was found with multiple wounds all over his body and covered in gasoline leading many to speculate that the perpetrators fled before they could set the car on fire. Police later changed the cause of death to "Accidental asphyxiation" citing no evidence of foul play. Despite the official cause of death stated by authorities, rumors and speculation still surround Fuller's mysterious death...

...Tommy James, however, managed to stay alive during those years and has had twenty three gold singles, and nine gold and platinum albums. He also wrote and produced the million-selling 1970 hit "Tighter, Tighter" for the group Alive 'N Kickin'...

"Tommy James and the Shondells declined an invitation to play at the Woodstock Festival on the advice of their agent, who felt it would be a career killer.... :lol: ."

post-193-1232946565_thumb.jpg

post-193-1232946585_thumb.jpg

"I fought the Law"....Bobby Fuller 4....(1964)...i always get Tommy James mixed up with Bobby Fuller for some reason....

...Just after "I Fought The Law" became a top ten hit, Bobby Fuller was found dead in his automobile, which was parked near his Los Angeles home. The police considered the death an apparent suicide, however, many people believe Fuller was murdered. The investigation was botched from the start. The crime scene was not secured and no fingerprints were obtained. A witness also claimed seeing a police officer throw a can of gasoline found at the scene into the trash. Fuller was found with multiple wounds all over his body and covered in gasoline leading many to speculate that the perpetrators fled before they could set the car on fire. Police later changed the cause of death to "Accidental asphyxiation" citing no evidence of foul play. Despite the official cause of death stated by authorities, rumors and speculation still surround Fuller's mysterious death...

An update on this...

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/F/Bobby...bobbyfuller.htm

post-25-1233016005_thumb.jpg

2008 UPDATE: A recent GOLDMINE MAGAZINE article addressed the circumstances surrounding BOBBY's mysterious death, proving again that this story just WON'T go away! It suggests that "the mystery is figure-out-able ... but to expose the truth would risk losing life or limb." It names BFF Guitarist JIM REESE as a potential suspect ... and even BOBBY's Brother RANDY, another member of the band. (It has been RANDY who has been MOST vocal these past 40+ years, demanding justice for his brother's death.) BOB KEANE and his financial backer LARRY NUNES are ALSO listed as possible suspects as are the USUAL suspects of organized crime...

http://www.goldminemag.com/article/Unsolve...h_is_out_there/

http://www.classicbands.com/MysteryofBobbyFuller.html

post-193-1233020078.jpg

"I`m waiting for the Man"..the PINK FAIRIES...from the album...."Live at the Roadhouse" (1975)...

...a wicked version of this velvet underground classic....very good live guitar playing by Paul Rudolph...these guys could cook... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Pink Fairies were formed when the three musicians from The Deviants (Paul Rudolph – guitar and vocals; Duncan Sanderson – bass; Russell Hunter – drums), having sacked their singer and leader Mick Farren, returned from a disastrous tour of the West Coast of North America and hooked up with former The Pretty Things drummer Twink.

Their music was upbeat good-time rock and roll, often jamming on the likes of The Beatles "Tomorrow Never Knows", The Ventures "Walk Don't Run", "Ghost Riders in the Sky" and Rock and Roll standards. They were closely associated with the UK underground, being based in the Ladbroke Grove scene and playing festivals, benefits and free concerts. The band also had strong connections with Farren's home town Worthing, playing gigs for the Worthing Workshop. These included an appearance on a float in the Worthing Rotary Club Carnival Procession and a free open-air concert in Beach House Park. Playing for free outside the Bath Festival, they encountered another Ladbroke Grove based band Hawkwind, who shared similar interests in music and recreational activities, a friendship developed which lead to the two bands becoming running partners and performing as Pinkwind and the Hawk Fairies.

http://www.pinkfairies.mercurymoon.co.uk/pf.html

http://www.terrascope.co.uk/Features/LadbrokeGrove.htm

post-193-1233052553_thumb.jpg

post-193-1233052707_thumb.jpg

post-193-1233052714_thumb.jpg

"The Fool" Curved Air..from the album...."Midnight Wire (1975)...choice violin solo from Darryl Way....

Curved Air are a pioneering British progressive rock group formed in 1969.

The group evolved out of the band Sisyphus, and was named after the piece "A Rainbow in Curved Air" by contemporary composer Terry Riley.

The musicians came from quite different artistic backgrounds, classic, folk, and electronic sound, which resulted in a mixture of progressive rock, folk rock, and fusion with classical elements. Along with It's A Beautiful Day and East of Eden, Curved Air were one of the first rock bands to feature a violin...

Curved Air....Personnel:

# Stewart Copeland -- Drums

# Mick Jacques -- Guitars

# Sonja Kristina -- Vocals

# Darryl Way -- Violin, Keyboards, Vocals

The butterfly dances overhead

And the dark lights up my lips

I'm steppin' right off the edge

Can you take on the fool?

Trancin' round a field of joy

I change from girl to boy

Can you deliver fun from cruel?

Could you laugh at truth with a fool?

Can you deliver fun from cruel?

Could you laugh at truth with a fool?

I got no name and

I got no race and

I got no mind to

Tie down with you

I'd give you all my

Sidekick flowers but

You can't have me, no

I am the fool

You trust me too strong to refuse

Sweet fool, what's to loose?

You could begin at the end if you choose

The mad hold hands with the fool

Sunlight fills the everywhere

As we step right off the edge

Could you wear the world as your jewel,

Or could you shine it on as a fool?

Could you wear the world as your jewel,

Or could you shine it on as a fool?

You want teasin' and

You want freedom and

You want pleasin' to

Be taught in school

You need playthings and

Everyday things but

You can't have me, no

I am the fool

I got no name and

I got no race and

I got no mind to

Tie down with you

I'd give you all my

Sidekick flowers but

You can't have me, no

I am the fool

You want teasin' and

You want freedom and

You want pleasin' to

Be taught in school

You need playthings and

Everyday things but

You can't have me, no

You are the fool

post-193-1233133869_thumb.jpg

post-193-1233134026_thumb.jpg

post-193-1233134038_thumb.jpg

Oren Lavie - Her Morning Elegance (2007)

Oren Lavie is a singer, songwriter, playwright and theatre director. Born in Tel Aviv, he splits his time between London, NYC, Berlin and Israel. The song is from Oren's first album, 'The Opposite Side of the Sea

In-Flight Safety - Actors (2009)

In-Flight Safety are an indie pop band from Canada. This song is from their upcoming album, "we are an empire, my dear"

For some reason, IMeem is cutting off the full length 9 min and 15 second version of Deadmau5 above, so I am reposting it

Deadmau5 (pronounced "Dead mouse", aka Joel Zimmerman) is a progressive house and electro house producer and DJ from Toronto, Canada. This cut is from his album, Not Exactly, Will Fail.

Listen HERE

Or here

AdultNapper - Juror No. 9 (edit)

AdultNapper is an electronic artist from Brooklyn, NY.

From his latest album, AUDIOMATIQUE 2.0. Download the track HERE

post-9-1233385125.jpg

Robert Miles - Children (1995)

Robert Miles is a Swiss Italian record producer, composer and musician of trance and ambient music

Bonus: Here is the REMIX by Hxdb. Special thanks to Anthony @ The Hype Machine for the suggestion.

Odawas - Harmless Lover's Discourse (2009)

The Odawas (michael tapscott isaac edwards) hail from Berkeley, California and make very nice psychedelic folk/rock. This song is the single from their latest album, Blue Depth, via jagjaguwar records.

Listen @ The Hype Machine or Rcrd Lbl

post-9-1233446210_thumb.jpg

Orbital - One Perfect Sunrise (Live - 2004)

Orbital was an English electronic duo from Sevenoaks consisting of brothers Phil Hartnoll and Paul Hartnoll whose career lasted from 1989 until 2004.

Windy & Carl - My Love (2008)

Windy & Carl hail from Michigan and make space rock music. This song is from their latest album, Songs for the Broken Hearted.

E6E6E6
101010PvIz0JyipX

My Love - Windy & Carl