2016 Upgrade

DudeAsInCool

How the hell do you have more posts than me?   I protest  :)

Can you add a Pitchfork feed and less TMZ this time around?

We need an Indie Rock forum.  Jefe Media feed should not be grouped with the other Music categories

I just posted an item in rock from the LA Weekly -- why didnt the pic and headline show up like they do in the post I had at Facebook?

9 hours ago, DudeAsInCool said:

How the hell do you have more posts than me?   I protest  :)

Can you add a Pitchfork feed and less TMZ this time around?

We need an Indie Rock forum.  Jefe Media feed should not be grouped with the other Music categories

I just posted an item in rock from the LA Weekly -- why didnt the pic and headline show up like they do in the post I had at Facebook?

@DudeAsInCool :)

Pitchfork is already included... TMZ is just one source who happens to post a lot of articles.

Indie Rock can go under rock for the moment until it picks up traction don't you think? I think we have too many forums as it is. JefeMedia feed is dead and should be gone -- that was a testing ground from a while ago that I thought I deleted (years) ago.

Link? nevermind I'll look for it...

Ok I see you meant this post ... when I mentioned auto-parsing before, that's for media (think youtube, soundcloud, etc)

Facebook has it's own meta tags that extract that information from a link or uses an ugly default if none is specified. IPS is not that good, however, you CAN copy/paste directly from an article and it should appear here the same way.

• 3 weeks later...

if you look at a members page, there are categories for syncing up the individual posts with twitter and facebook     check out  your page at the bottom

2 minutes ago, DudeAsInCool said:

if you look at a members page, there are categories for syncing up the individual posts with twitter and facebook     check out  your page at the bottom

You're going to have to be more specific.

This is what I see at the bottom of my own and your page:

iwclVrMclJ0AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Are you talking about where it says STAY CONNECTED?

0bAHSAjQBawEYALWAjgBawEUAL2Aighf8DCbzLQ1

This is what I see... you don't sync them up for individual posts, you choose these options to easily connect and login to your account here. I used Twitter to update my profile photo and not syncing anything with facebook.

Just to the left of this area is where you can connect Twitter or Facebook:

RfsmXZAIwpKlMjKYVl24m3Eq418gEYEpzmRgOzw5

From here, you can choose what you want to sync back to BeatKing:

AWUom0wBQWz9AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

9x0gABHglZrIhv+xEP8x685AOqh7ZoAgMZBEwCgg

If you want to share individual posts (like this one for example), click on any of these, right above the footer:

2isWoEnUNUIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

• 3 weeks later...

OK.  Fyi, only old links, not the videos, are showing up in the "What Am I Listening To" Thread!    Can you fix that?   We are talking about hundreds of screwed up posts

How do I post a video?  I added a youtube link, but nothing happens on the boards

5 minutes ago, DudeAsInCool said:

OK.  Fyi, only old links, not the videos, are showing up in the "What Am I Listening To" Thread!    Can you fix that?   We are talking about hundreds of screwed up posts

How do I post a video?  I added a youtube link, but nothing happens on the boards

Right, I'm aware... this is the reason @method77 and I said a while back that we should try and limit the iframes...

I don't have an automated solution to fix this but I can look for one later this week. I know what has to be done, but not necessarily where it needs to happen.

As far as the video thing goes, I replied to that thread. Use the URL from the address bar and not the shortened url. It annoys me too

• 3 weeks later...

any progress on the videos?  not so sure i like this upgrade yet.  what are the plusses and minuses?

This is what we wanted, right? The frame issues were going to happen eventually because we didn't want HTML in posts and see where we are now. Haven't had time to look at the conversions more. I don't know the pluses and minuses. This is just the standard upgrade path we were going towards. The plus is we're off way outdated software. 

I've looked and haven't come up with anything. Trust me I'm trying to make this as simple for myself as possible too. The issue is not only Youtube links, but also soundcloud, bandcamp and more. iFrames are not something we ever wanted on the board, but tolerated at the time due to a lack of technology.