Google Introduces Satellite Mapping Feature

Google Shows Off Satellite Map Feature

UPDATED: 4:04 pm MDT April 6, 2005

SAN FRANCISCO -- Online search engine leader Google Inc. has unveiled a new feature that will enable its users to zoom in on homes and businesses using satellite images, an advance that may raise privacy concerns as well as intensify the competitive pressures on its rivals.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/technology...ss=den&psp=news

post-18-1112854657.jpg

since google came out w/its maps thing last month, i am so waiting for google UK to do it here, i love maps but it's not as much fun when i can only zero into my mother's street.

The satellite feed doesn't work here. At least not yet.

I only discovered the mapping feature this week. The directional advice inside the city isn't really logical. It just relies on angles and direction with no knowledge of what may be a busy/clear street or even a one way. Pretty neat though.

*moons*

nah, i don't like it either. i forget which magazine, but last year in spring, one issue came out (in amerika) that showed a satellite pic of each subscriber's house. people were very very pissed.

*moons*

nah, i don't like it either. i forget which magazine, but last year in spring, one issue came out (in amerika) that showed a satellite pic of each subscriber's house. people were very very pissed.

I remember that. Don't remember which magazine it was though.

Google's map thing is kinda freaky. terraserver.microsoft.com is another.

here's the lower east side, that green square is tompkins square park. i lived down the street. the magazine covers were something like this.

all i did was plug in my old zip and then zoom in a few times to my old apartment bldg. i think it's simultaneously cool and creepy.

I could see my house and cars but you couldn't tell what kind they were. The pic was at least 3 yrs old.

Yahoo had the same thing a few yrs back and it was better. I could tell which auto was which in my driveway using Yahoo's deal.

I could tell which auto was which in my driveway

And on the lawn? ;)

Did you check out the link I posted? It's a satellite image of an area that doesn't exist and has never existed.

Saskatoon

It's a green world here. If you check it a little closer and see what looks to be fields. That's the campus. I posted a virtual tour of my campus last summer if anyone's interested. In one of the only two uni's in the province, they are forced to have quite a few colleges to accomodate everyone.

It's a weird thing, but the university is fairly proud of it's Veterinary college because there are only two of them in Western Canada.

post-18-1113202675.jpg

And on the lawn? ;)

Did you check out the link I posted? It's a satellite image of an area that doesn't exist and has never existed.

Lawn? :huh:

Park your cars correctly and the lawn will disappear.

Is that area 51 in your link? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...