Twin Shadow Cancel More Tour Dates Following Bus Crash

Twin Shadow Cancel More Tour Dates Following Bus Crash

Last month, Twin Shadow and their crew were involved in a highway accident near Denver that left twelve hospitalized, among them drummer Andy Bauer and John Crawford, the band's driver. After postponing a large chunk of their upcoming summer tour dates, the band were hoping to hit the road once more in the coming weeks to support their new album Eclipse.

Unfortunately, that won't be the case, according to a new statement from the band posted to their Tumblr tonight. Twin Shadow have cancelled all their dates through August to allow the those involved to heal (their previously-announced September gigs still stand; find them below). Find the post, titled "We'll be back soon", below the jump.

As many of you know, towards the end of our North American Eclipse tour we were involved in a serious tour bus accident that left members of our crew and band as well as myself, injured. The injuries vary from minor to very serious.

Recently I had reconstructive hand surgery and have begun physical therapy. I’m working hard to regain basic function in my hand and to get to a place where I can play an instrument again.

The tricky part of being involved in something like this is that certain injuries creep up on you long after the accident. Recently I started experiencing pain in my left knee and went to see a doctor. Upon reviewing my MRI the doctor found a tear in my PCL and Meniscus. Fortunately, surgery can be avoided with physical therapy and limiting the stress I put on my knee.

Doing shows at the moment would put me at risk of not fully recovering and needing knee surgery. As a result I am sad to say that we need to cancel the remainder of our shows through mid-August.

Taking this time to heal is important for everyone affected by the accident. We plan on being fully recovered and back on the road by mid-August. Thank you to the Twin Shadow family and those of you who continue to support us.

Twin Shadow:

05-22 Mannheim, Germany - Maifeld Derby 2015
05-23 Paris, France - Le Trianon
05-24 Amsterdam, Netherlands - Melkweg Oude Zaal
05-26 Hamburg, Germany - Uebel & Gefährlich
05-27 Cologne, Germany - Luxor
05-28 Baden, Switzerland - Nordportal
05-30 Barcelona, Spain - Primavera Sound
05-31 Berlin, Germany - Berlin Festival
06-05-07 New York, NY - Governor’s Ball
06-12 Mexico City, Mexico - Sala
07-31-08-02 Montreal, Quebec - Osheaga
09-15 Raleigh, NC - Red Hat Amphitheater
09-17 Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE
09-18 Cincinnati, OH - PNC Pavillion at Riverbend
09-19 Columbus, OH - Lifestyle Communities Pavillion
09-21 Austin, TX - Austin City Limits

[url=http://pitchfork.com/news/59676-twin-shadow-cancel-more-tour-dates-following-bus-crash/]View the full article[/url]