R&B Artist Gerald Levert Arrested

geraldlevert.jpgCLEVELAND - Rhythm & blues recording artist Gerald Levert was arrested early Friday during a confrontation with police at a downtown intersection, authorities said.

Levert, 38, was cited on charges of driving under the influence and impeding the flow of traffic. Levert was arrested on charges of obstructing official business, resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer, police Lt. Wayne Drummond said.

The arrest charges were under review Friday as Levert remained in jail, Drummond said.

Read entire story here.

Levert was driving one of two cars that stopped near where another motorist had been pulled over for speeding at 12:45 a.m. As people in both cars approached police for an explanation why the driver had been stopped, they were told to leave, but refused, police reported.  Drummond said Levert became angry and shoved an officer, who used pepper spray on Levert to subdue

Sounds like another asshole cop story

The cop pulled someone over for speeding.

What business was it of Levert and the rest of the retards to pull over, get out of their cars, and approach the officer and asking questions?

Then Levert is stupid enough to assult the officer?

Where is the "asshole cop story" you speak of Dude?

All I see is an asshole in jail.

approached police for an explanation why the driver had been stopped, they were told to leave, but refused, police reported.

This is "ok" to you Dude?

Levert became angry and shoved an officer

How about this?

If you're a cop who is doing his job concerning a traffic citation, and another car pulls up, with people spilling out to protest....you're going to get very wary of the situation. Unless instructed by an officer, nobody is supposed to get out of a car during a citation...nobody. It's a basic safety rule for both the officer and the car occupants. The only assholes I see in this story are the car creeps.

It does make you wonder that the cop was so far off the mark because 2 cars with people not connected to the incident stopped on his behalf? It doesn't happen around here I can tell you. Most people are not going to get involved unless they perceive there is a serious infraction of justice as to why this person was stopped. The people that stopped handled it all wrong IMO but the cop may have made a totally unwarranted stop.

I thought the cop overreacted... I dont know why the others got out of their cars--maybe they didnt see the cop and wanted to help? If they were interfering then they got what they deserved... But Im not sure thats exactly what happened

But Im not sure thats exactly what happened

You could say that about anything.

The fact is the police statement gave the account, and unless you're ready to doubt every police statement, it's hard to ignore.

Besides, what motive is there for the police officer to make false or exaggerated details about this incident?

I think you're bias Dude, due to his "celebrity" status.

Who knows, maybe you've met him and this is the "Suge Knight" situation all over again.

It does make you wonder that the cop was so far off the mark

Even if it was a bogus speeding charge, the incidents that followed (the pulling over, the assault, the DUI) are not excused because they thought the cop was wrong to pull the other driver over for speeding. They can be witnesses in traffic court, but interference in this manner isn't legal and doesn't make me feel any sympathy for them.

They deserve what they got.

I think you're bias Dude, due to his "celebrity" status.  Who knows, maybe you've met him and this is the "Suge Knight" situation all over again.

Never met him. Never heard his music.

As to the Suge Knight reference--I've met him and I like him. I dont know about you, but meeting and getting to know someone gives me a better picture than just reading about someone in the media. I've also met plenty of assholes & and not bashful about labeling them as such if that's what they are.

So...one cheap shot, deserves another :lol: :duck hunt:

I've also met plenty of assholes

So...one cheap shot, deserves another :lol: :duck hunt:

In the vein of cheap shots and assholes......... I bet living in Californie with the likes of liberals as you have.............I have NO doubt that you are an asshole expert. :lol:

In the vein of cheap shots and assholes......... I bet living in Californie with the likes of liberals as you have.............I have NO doubt that you are an asshole expert. :lol:

The celebrity's generally are alot different than how the media portrays them. Sean Penn for instance is a really nice guy--he just doesnt like the press meddling in his private affairs. The real assholes are the wannabe's who are scrapin' at the bottom of the barrel and are using every bit of assholeness to climb out. It's often a very depressing scene.

But...the real assholes are the money crunchers. They dont give a shit about entertainment, or talent, or even people - all they care about is the bottom line... They are what the biggest problem out here

Maybe true, Dude. But don't forget that it is easy being nice when you are at the top of the food chain. The guys at the bottom are trying to make it. The lucky few at the top are wanting to be nice and wanting nobody to rock the boat.

I just hate a rocky boat, don't you? :)

Levert Won't Be Charged With Assault

CLEVELAND - Rhythm & blues recording artist Gerald Levert will not face assault charges for his confrontation with police here on Friday.

Prosecutor Anthony Jordan said that there was no evidence the singer caused serious physical harm to patrolmen Ronald W. Ross and Daniel Lentz.

Levert, 38, was charged with drunken driving, impeding traffic, obstructing police business and resisting arrest.

Read entire story here.