DIIV, Savages, Beach Fossils, More on Soundtrack to Webcomic SOLO

DIIV, Savages, Beach Fossils, More on Soundtrack to Webcomic SOLO

Cartoonist Hope Larson, known for her graphic novel adaptation of Madeleine L’Engle’s A Wrinkle in Time, has released a new serialized webcomic called SOLOThe comic, which can be read here, is about a musician coping with the breakup of both her band and her marriage.

SOLO is accompanied by a soundtrack curated by Michael Stock of radio show/club night Part Time Punks. It features session performances from the Part Time Punks radio show on 88.9 FM in Los Angeles. DIIV (who contributed the above take of "Air Conditioning"), Savages, Beach Fossils, Craft Spells, Whirr, Weekend, and more contribute tracks. Check out the full tracklisting below.

Stock had this to say about the project:

The soundtrack operates a bit differently than a film soundtrack. With a comic, of course, the reader sets the pace of the story. You can take as long (or short) as you like to read a comic, whether it’s on the page or online. My hope is that the soundtrack will inspire the reader to linger on all these rich, detailed pages Hope has put together. With the fast-forward and rewind-button at the bottom of the page, the reader can also choose which of the 19 tracks best fits the scene. I mean, I definitely had certain tracks in mind for certain scenes, but it’s a cool experiment to try swapping out different tracks for different scenes.

Each of the contributing bands will receive a nod in the comic, appearing on T-shirts (see above), flyers, records, and more that appear in the comic book. 

The soundtrack is available for streaming on Soundcloud, but it’s also available on CD as part of a limited release of SOLO's first chapter in mini-comic form

SOLO Soundtrack:

01 Shy Boys: Keeps Me On My Toes (Part Time Punks Session)
02 Marble Arch: Bitter Spring
03 Beach Fossils: Careless (Part Time Punks Session)
04 Craft Spells: You Should Close The Door (Part Time Punks Session)
05 Half String: Honeycut (Part Time Punks Session)
06 Nothing: Hymn to the Pillory
07 Whirr: Twist (Part Time Punks Session)
08 Bleak Boys: Lushed Away
09 Blouse: In A Glass (Part Time Punks Session)
10 Catwalk: I Don't Wanna Play That Game
11 Moscow Olympics: Safe
12 Hibou: Glow (Part Time Punks Session)
13 Weekend: Coma Summer (Part Time Punks Session)
14 Tennis System: Lovers & Fake Friends (Part Time Punks Session)
15 Savages: Husbands (Part Time Punks Session)
16 TOY: Kopter (Part Time Punks Session)
17 DIIV: Air Conditioning (Part Time Punks Session)
18 Tender Age: Mirrors
19 Bouquet: In A Dream (Part Time Punks Session)

Watch DIIV perform at one of 285 Kent's farewell shows, filmed by Pitchfork.tv:

[url=http://pitchfork.com/news/56673-diiv-savages-beach-fossils-more-on-soundtrack-to-webcomic-solo/]View the full article[/url]