Worst Songs of the Eighties

DudeAsInCool

Ran across this 80's forums - these people know trash when they hear it :lol:

http://www.80sxchange.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-8551

Let me begin:

Ice, Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice = The worst song of any decade :lol:

madonna..." material girl "

cyndy lauper..." girls just want to have fun "....(no wonder after hearing this)

cutting crew..." i just died in your arms "...(i wish) :shootin:

Edited by kiwibank

Human League - Don't You Want Me (Losers)

ABC - Shoot That Poison Arrow (Big Losers)

Mel & Kim - nice boobies but the songs were rancid.

:duck hunt: Spandau Ballet - echkkkkkkkkkkk! :shootin:

Apart from that, most of it was crap! :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:

We Built This City - Jefferson Starship. I still cant believe they recorded this crap

When I saw this thread THAT song immediately popped into my head....NOW I am going to have it running through my head forever GRRRR! I hate it I hate it I hate it!!!

On another note....I LOVE!!!!! I just died in your arms by Cutting Crew? I don't think I ever knew that :o

• 1 month later...

Hey I have to interject here. I love the 80's. It was part of my child hood. For me there were a lot of unique things that came about during the 80's. The crazy hair, the jelly braclets that had no other implied meaning except friendship. The crazy outfits that looked like dresses but had shorts underneath. Man how I loved to crimp my hair. I just thought that was the coolest thing. The cartoons were even better than what my little sister watches now. It seems now that people don't really want to go all out and try things anymore. But thats just IMO.

• 2 months later...
I love the 80's. It was part of my child hood.

oh wow--this must explain why i love tarantino films but hate the damn soundtracks (for the most part). :)

oh wow--this must explain why i love tarantino films but hate the damn soundtracks (for the most part). :)

i meant cause i figure he grew up in the 70s cause of all that shitty 70s music. dear lord, why dint he listen to rock/roll instead?

yeah, if only he'd have used any of that instead of what he did (IMO!)

Just about everything from the eighties was bad!

So true. Exceptions would include Ricki Lee Jones, Joni Mitchell and Steely Dan...